Ideas to ConsiderWedding remembrance ideas are meant to add another positive light to your wedding day. Consider these DIY ideas for the big day:
- Save a seat for loved ones by placing flowers on them. You can add more personal touches by using their favorite accessory, instrument, or clothing.
- Release a balloon at the end of the ceremony for your loved one or release butterflies; ask attendants for a moment of silence.
- Did your loved one have a favorite food or drink like chocolate or or wine? Set up a “bar” with wines, cheese, chocolates, etc. You can also frame a picture of your loved one and leave a note mentioning their recommendations for the bar.
- Before the start of the reception, have a toast. Mention a few short and sweet words.
- Have a photo wall at the reception or ceremony with frames of your loved one. If they have wedding photos, then that is a great touch to commemorate the day.
- Is there a special recipe that started with your loved one? Recreate it and have your guests try it. You can write a message about the recipe’s story (if there is one) to create a heartfelt touch.