- Create a Family Scrapbook This family-friendly activity is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon. Everyone can contribute something fun to the family scrapbook. The kids can pick out their favorite pictures and arrange them on the different pages, while adults can write out the captions. This is a great time to talk about your favorite moments as a family, so you can enjoy more great memories in the future!
- Take a Trip Everyone deserves a vacation, so why not bring the whole family along? Whether taking a day trip to a national park or planning a tropical getaway, there’s nothing like seeing the sights with your family! Ask your family members about their dream vacation spot and keep track of when everyone is free. You just may find yourself packing your suitcase sooner than you think!
- Try a New Activity Is there any activity that you’ve always wanted to try? Ask around and see what your family says. Maybe your sister has always wanted to go ice skating or your Dad would love to try sailing. Make a list of all the answers that you get and circulate the list to your family. Pick an activity, and schedule a date! Don’t forget your camera!
- Give Back to the Community Volunteering for local organizations is a great way to bond with your family while giving back to the community. Consider helping with a local food bank around the holidays or volunteer at a 5k fun run on a weekend. Brainstorm to figure out which charities and causes matter the most to your family. You might be surprised to learn what values you have in common.
- Schedule a Night In Sometimes the best memories with your family are simply spent talking. Arrange a night in with your family to reconnect over a meal, and let the conversation flow. This can be the perfect time to have The Talk of a Lifetime, so you can really learn how your family members want to be remembered. Download the free Activity Guide and participate in the games and other fun activities within the guide!
Tell Me About It