Relationship to SelfIt’s not selfish to think about what you really want to get out of life. In fact, it’s vital. Take some time to really think about your passions so you can create goals that truly motivate you.
- Figure out what makes you excited. Do you get a rush from your job? Are you more passionate about philanthropy? Do you thrive off interactions with others? Find out what makes you passionate and pursue it!
- Create both short term and long term goals to continue your progress. Maybe that means putting aside some money from each paycheck to travel the world, or maybe you want to start junior’s college fund as soon as possible.
- Think about your values and whether your life is in line with those standards. You can enrich your life with humanitarian pursuits like volunteering and donating to important causes.
Relationships to OthersWhile it’s crucial to think of your own needs and wants when living your life, it’s also important to connect with others. Here are some ways to connect with others in your community:
- Create strong relationships with your family. The memories and connections that you develop in the present will be remembered for generations in the future.
- Consider having The Talk of a Lifetime with those you love to reflect on your lives. Find out how others want to be remembered, so you can develop your own meaningful legacy.
- Try to build others up with kindness. Whether speaking to coworkers or your kids, a little compassion can go a long way.
- Think about how you are giving back to the world. Though your money and time are your own to spend as you wish, you may be surprised by how great it feels to give back to causes that you believe in.
- Celebrate the achievements of others, no matter how big or small. Treat your kids to something special for the first day of school, send your grandmother flowers on her birthday, send your sibling a housewarming gift – Life’s too short not to celebrate as much as possible!